Thank you to Symposia Labs for reaching out and asking me to be a part of their “Why Marketing” video series. Remember that we now live in an enivironment where things change instantly, you have to continue to keep educating yourself.
My Top 5 list of digital blogs to help you learn:
- Social Media Examiner – Blog and Podcast. http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com ANYTHING and everything social media that is relevant from the beginner to seasoned pro. One of the first digital, legit organizations out there – this team knows what is up and help immensely.
- Ad Age – Blog and Magazine. http://www.adage.com
One of the earliest contenders that used to be called Advertising Age – started in the early 1900’s. I love to subscribe and get this in the mail which features different content than the online editions. A mix of it all.
- PRSA Content Connection – Blog. http://www.contentconnection.prsa.org
The Public Relations Society of America is a PR organization, but they embrace so much more. Today, you have to know a little about it all. Content Connection gives you the information you need from staff writers and guest blogs across the country. I suggest subscribing to their newsletter for a good email.
- TechCrunch – Blog, Events and Podcasts. http://www.techcrunch.com
Digital. Techy. Anything. The Tech Crunch Battlefield is an amazing competition that brings people together from all over the world to talk tech, communications, marketing and more. Their online content is top notch.
- Hootsuite – Content Management System, Certifications and Blog. http://www.blog.hootsuite.com
I love the Hootsuite platform and use it personally and professionally every day.
Hootsuite went a step beyond and offers certifications (I have my college students take it) and a plethora of information on their blogs and social media.